Monday, February 26, 2007

Carnival 2K7

Pulse 8 2k7: Cocktails


Riddim on d Road!!!....Carnival 2007 was the best carnival ever...and I do mean ever...now my band Pulse 8 was one of the smaller bands...about 1000 masqueraders....but we had a ball...talk bout lime!!!!....now I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first bout the band as it was a "new" band...but they obviously maintained the Poison infrastructure...i.e. security, music, drinks, food etc. So all in all they had the big tings covered...and were well organised so props to the Pulse 8 crew...good job!!!....and I cyah forget the Jumbie Dance!!!

This one was originated by Oscar B (not Machel) and was a 3-stage Jumbie dance, which required the entire section to face the judges/crowd and then Jumbie 1(right shoulder dip and step forward), Jumbie 2(both arms outstretched zombie-style and head bob to the right) and Jumbie 3(jump up with arms at your side a la Shadow)...as seen on TV...(so I heard as I was in d band of course and unfortunately I still recovering....hehehe....)

Mai Tai


Mojito



Blue Lagoon



Feedback from the road (masqueraders and non-masqueraders):
Trinirevellers : Boss as usual...big band....placed 2nd overall
Tribe : one of the biggest and best...some route issues...kept running into Island People
Island People : again one of the biggest...some costumes were a bit too "Rio" for spectators...obviously I disagree!!!....too many stormers...
Harts : very organised as usual...stayed away from the main judging venues...
Legacy : strong man crew a hit with d ladies...placed 3rd overall

No comments: